Struggling with Stress?
Here are some simple relaxation techniques that will help you de-stress and find more balance.
1. Choose a spot in your home where there are no distractions.
2. Create a peaceful environment: you can light a candle, burn some incense, play some soothing music.
3. Sit down in a comfortable position keeping your back straight.
4. Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths.
5. Observe your breath. Pay attention to your process of breathing. Count each breath 1 - 10, then starting back at 1. Do this for 5 cycles.
6. Let go of the counting and just listen to the silence.
7. End by thinking of all the things in your life that you are grateful for; this can be as simple as being grateful for being alive, or grateful for loved ones in your life.
This winter, instead of zoning out at the end of your day by watching TV try these 7 steps for relaxation. You will feel the difference in your sleep and into the next day.